I got angelfish babies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redraptor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just want to say it. My angels laid eggs before and I could never get teh babies to go free swimming.

This last time I left them with the parents and they got the hatch to go. I siphoned out the babies after 2 days into a 2 gallon tank. After 3 more they got to free swimming a little bit. Today I moved them into a half full 15 gallon tank and they are swimming around eating brine shrimp naupili in a big cloud. I'm guessing around 60-80 fry right now and I can see the beginings of color and fins now! woot!

DragonFish71 said:
Congrats!

My angels are the worse parents. They eat the eggs just after the male fertilizes them.

Lol that's horrible:)
Well I hope next time she lays eggs it doesn't happen.

Just like humans...

Congrats!

My angels are the worse parents. They eat the eggs just after the male fertilizes them.

... not all adults are good parents :(
Best advice, split up the pair and breed the offender to another fish that is a more experieced breeder and won't tolerate that kind of behavior (unless you're not trying to raise any babies ;))

Congrats !

Just want to say it. My angels laid eggs before and I could never get teh babies to go free swimming.

This last time I left them with the parents and they got the hatch to go. I siphoned out the babies after 2 days into a 2 gallon tank. After 3 more they got to free swimming a little bit. Today I moved them into a half full 15 gallon tank and they are swimming around eating brine shrimp naupili in a big cloud. I'm guessing around 60-80 fry right now and I can see the beginings of color and fins now! woot!

Congrats on your babies. It's really exciting when you see your little fry start sprouting their wings ;).
If you want some help artifically hatching the eggs, let me know. I used to run 100 pairs of angels in my hatchery. (y)

Back
Top Bottom