I still need nelp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Candi1990

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have new baby jack Dempsey and I want as many as possible to live! They are only 2 days old :). I immediately took the other jd's out.. Only the parents and fry left in a 55 gal tank. My question is how do I know the right time to take the parents out, I know eventually they will eat them. Also I know the parents feed the babies. It should I feed the parents something special or more often? They eat 3 times a day now, and my last question is filtration. I turned my pump off. How do I stop Alvie from growing in the tank? I put a stocking over the filter bit I am sure it will still suck this babies into it so I can't turn it on. What can I do? Please help!

You can get a rubbermaid plastic container , rig up a sponge filter with air pump, put some type of cycled material from other tank in there or just a air pump and daily water change. Take the fry out and put them in there. You can feed fish food ground up to a powder or buy the fry food.

I have to research the sponge filter and air pump. Are they safe for the little fry? I am thinking I will move the parents and leave the babies where they are, (for now)... But I will try the sponge filter for the tank I have, and move this pump with the new tank I guess. Lol did that make sense? Thanks for your help.

Candi1990 said:
I have new baby jack Dempsey and I want as many as possible to live! They are only 2 days old :). I immediately took the other jd's out.. Only the parents and fry left in a 55 gal tank. My question is how do I know the right time to take the parents out, I know eventually they will eat them. Also I know the parents feed the babies. It should I feed the parents something special or more often? They eat 3 times a day now, and my last question is filtration. I turned my pump off. How do I stop Alvie from growing in the tank? I put a stocking over the filter bit I am sure it will still suck this babies into it so I can't turn it on. What can I do? Please help!

Buy some air powered sponge filters for the fry that's what I use in my fry tanks. They run off an air pump and Offer good biological filtration, seed it first to avoid ammonia poisoning. Alternately wrap or cut a new car sponge around the intake of your filter. It will prevent them getting sucked up.

Back
Top Bottom