Is my dalmatian molly pregnant??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babybre488

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive only had them for a few weeks now. I originally bought three, two females and one male. Unfortunately one of the females died and now I only have one of each. To me the female looks like she keeps getting bigger, ever so slowly of course. Shes pretty round and shes been acting weird lately. Shes been aggressive and kinda lazing around in just one spot. and just acting crazy ( like any normal pregnant being would be :D)and while shes taking a break from acting crazy....she chills next to the heater?

Heres a picture I FINALLY managed to take of her, she wouldn't sit still long enough but after much perseverance I got it D:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/Babybre488/DSC02736.jpg

any help I would greaattllyyy appreciate!
Thanks!:cool:

Not sure if my Molly is pregnant?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/Babybre488/DSC02736.jpg

Heres a picture I finally managed to to take of her.
Ive only had her a few weeks and I do have one male and one female molly and my female seems to be getting fatter and fatter. shes also acting weirder then normal, shes not as active but shes territorial towards the male... he cant get close to her any more and if he does she gets aggressive attacking him. And when shes not acting crazy, she just sit and relaxes by the heater.
I'm pretttyyy new to this whole fish business so I'm not too sure whats going on.
Would be neat if she was pregnant :)

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

She definately could be pregnant. She certainly looks like it, I would suspect she has a couple more weeks to go before giving birth.

Welcome to AA.

Your posts were in moderation queue because of the attached picture link. New members posting links need to have the posts approved by a mod, so may not show up for a little while. Once you have a record (of not being a spammer) this will no longer be necessary.

While your posts are in moderation, please don't panic & post more because you don't see it showing up at the forum. We try to keep duplicate posts (even at different forums) to a minimum just to keep things tidy. So I am going to merge your post at the breeding forum for now. If you find that your molly is pregnant & need more info, you are welcomed to start another thread at the breeding forum if you like.

Anne - you were approving the other post the same time I was working on this one :) ... so I merged both.

Last edited:
YAY! I seen the first little fry swimming around like crazy :D out her ( or him :p ) in the net :D hopefully more to come!

Back
Top Bottom