Mollies wanted them for alagi eating next day babies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shacker66

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have about 10 Molly babies or fry. With more on the way.
I thought I was done with getting aquariums but getting one more 30 gallon a good price. I do want to separate the male and females.

I have a 10 gallon I really would like to put to black males in. But I am not sure if they can handle it? I do have a 20 gallon too.
Next question will my Betta bully them or vice versa?

Congratulations (kinda) ;)

Babies arriving tends to throw things into a new realm.

If you haven't thought of it, cover the intake for the HOB filter if you have it. To keep babies from getting sucked up.

How many males are there?

Mollies can get pretty large. On a positive note, there would generally be many more drops of fry in the future if you want to raise them.

Can you give/sell the males to a local fish store? You could also try posting them online to see if another fish keeper in your area wants them.
Other than that I would think that the 20 gallon would be the better choice. Males get pretty territorial with each other and as stated above they can get a decent size. My lyretails in my 55 are about 4 inches while the regular is around 3 inches.
Good luck

Thank you
I am getting a 55 gallon aquarium for a great price in a beautiful stand tomorrow. I was going to get a 30 but the 55 is in better shape and has more equipment. Time to cycle.
I am planning on calling World of Fish in Duluth MN to see if the will buy the Mollies I can't keep. They said the would buy Mystery [emoji222]
I have 11 white Mollies fry. One black female looks ready to pop. With the male following her constantly not sure how many will make it. If he gives her a break she is after him to do it again. I would think she would like a break.

I put a sponge on the filter as soon as I noticed them.
I was able to catch 5 and put in another tank but there are 6 still in the same one. Funny how the growth is different.

Congrats on the 55. That's what I ended up doing as well. In a 55 you can also add a larger or more carnivorous fish for population control. I have a female betta in mine. I know it sounds mean but I went from having 10 surviving fry to try and sell to like 2 with each pregnancy.

Congrats on the 55. That's what I ended up doing as well. In a 55 you can also add a larger or more carnivorous fish for population control. I have a female betta in mine. I know it sounds mean but I went from having 10 surviving fry to try and sell to like 2 with each pregnancy.

Livebearers give birth to tons of fry so that in nature some survive. And survive they usually do.

I found a home for 6 of the babies and World of Fish will take some when old enough.
Now to be able to part with them[emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom