Molly Fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

How long does it take for molly fry to grow?

i have had them inside a breeder net for about 2 weeks now and i tried taking them out but they were chased and i put them back in

any ideas of to why they are so small?
i have been feeding them really fine crush flake food

Can you tell (measure) their size right now?

Mollies, like other aquarium spawned fish will probably grow at a slower right than their relatives in the wild.

Keep doing what you're doing and they will eventually get larger (also, just like with our own children, we know they're growing but it's hard for us to actually see it).

well they are about 3cm? i dont know if thats right

i think they look like 1/8"

when my mollies bread, it took a couple of months...but i swear i had a few mentally ill mollies in there, some of them were swimming sideways, and still are...even as grown mollies.

Well, since mollies average a life span of approximately 1 year, you should see some growth soon. Should reach maturity in about 3-4 months. Growth rate should be commensurate with that.

well most the time when u buy fish at the same time... lets say a pair of guppies.. odds r that they r brother and sister.... so that could account for some"Special" fishies

i bought one fish, and it was pregnant, and then it gave birth, and then that one died, and then more fish came, and.....that is where the "special" fishies came in. :lol:

(also, just like with our own children, we know they're growing but it's hard for us to actually see it).
Speak for yourself. Im grown and you can tell it =P

I think it also helps if you feed them a little more then adult fish. Like three or four small portions during the day. But not all at once since they metablize the food at the same rate as if you gave em one small portion at one point of the day.

well as blue_neon said

none of my fry are "Special" they are all swimming fine, none of them are retarded, and i am pretty sure that the 2 adults are NOT brother and sister

well i hope my mollies have an above average life span :roll: :mrgreen:

im staying home tomorrow(tuesday)

so hopefully i can get more advice

reason why i am staying home is cause i am sick with a fever 101.4 :roll: illness is mostly fun, cause you get to miss school! :mrgreen:

Inbreeding can cause your fry to never reach full size. It can also cause smaller litters and still births as well as deformities. Normal, healthy, well bred fry can be sexed at as young as 3months and should be safely kept with the adults. Not feeding the fry enough can also stunt their growth. They should be fed several times a day. Good luck with your babies.

hahahah rudy i just got over that kind of sickness then I got laringitus. (spelling's not right) i was sick last wed and thursday then my mom made me go to school...meany..not really. my mollies have lived for 2 years now, i'm very impressed. hope your fish live long! this week is our spring break, we dont have school :lol:

ok well anyways when i put food with the fry i crush it up REALLY REALLY fine and i drop it in there and they dont take it

but when i accidentally drop a larger piece they go after it like its the end of the world

any ideas of to why they are not eating the smaller food?

oh yea and good news!!!!!! MY AMMONIA IS AT 0!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom