My babies disappeared!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BillyBadBass

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yesterday i had 11 baby fry in my tank and today i went to look for them and i could not find any of them. I had a tank divider to keep them away from other fish. Does anyone know what could have happened? :cry:

What sort of fry were they? I have never used a UGF, but I certainly won't recommend it for a fry tank.

My fry like to hang out close to the gravel and with a UGF, they are sure to get sucked up.

I feel your pain =/ I got home and checked on my fish (a red Crowntail betta..a great find at my lfs) this afternoon and he was missing. I searched and searched. Unfortunately i did find him. He HOB filter got him =/. I just broke down my tank for a cleaning due to mystery deaths of my bottom dwellers. I usually extend my HOB to the gravel with a giant sponge filter, but left it a bit higher. Poor guy got sucked in and killed. My favorite fish =(

Goodness!! I am so sorry for the losses of your fishes.
BillyBadBass, you may find that your fry are in the UFG. There have been reports of people finding grown fry in the UFG piping.

BTW~
[center:1644daf437] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, BillyBadBass and SnyperP!! :n00b:s [/center:1644daf437]

I too suspect there might be some fry under the plates - you'd be surprised where fry will hide out, so see if you can check without totally tearing things up.

I'll echo Fawn that the UGF is not the best in a tank with fry, but I reckon you probably know that for yourself now - good luck, I hope they are safe and sound.

Back
Top Bottom