My blue jewels laid eggs!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iains

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
yay one laid eggs! how do i know if the other blue jewel is a male that will fertilize the eggs? i had to get a tank seperater because they killed my blue lobster and fire mouth :( how long do eggs take to hatch? i'm definatly new to breeding i could use some pointers and facts, thanks :)[/b]

If we are talking about regular jewel cichlids,the ones I had hatched in less than 48 hrs. Mom and Dad were great parents and guarded the fry relentlessly for several weeks.

If you said white I would say bingo. You may have a couple however. Wait a few days and see what happens.

Jewels tend to be pretty good parents so ride it out. Often times though it will take a couple of times for them to get it right (ie. not eat the fry) so hang in there... watch out that nothing else in there will want to eat them toooooo. you might even think about a hatch tank if you really want to breed these guys.

Like was said before it could take 3 or 4 trys before they get it right. At least you know your fish are happy and comfortable in there home.

Back
Top Bottom