New project help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyg23

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am starting a new breeding project with electric blue jack dempseys. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get either, bgjd, ebjd, or a mated pair of any of the 2? I don't really want to spend a ton of money on the fish but am willing to pay for good genetics and guaranteed bgjds. Any advice from anyone who has bred these would also be appreciated.

Aquabid.com usually has some EBJDs and other variations for sale. Occasionally I have seen breeding pairs. If you plan to breed them I suggest having multiple tanks- one for the parents, and 2-4 other tanks for raising fry. It is usually to separate fry/eggs from their parents, because they might eat them. Although it is unlikely, it is still a possibility.

I am starting a new breeding project with electric blue jack dempseys. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get either, bgjd, ebjd, or a mated pair of any of the 2? I don't really want to spend a ton of money on the fish but am willing to pay for good genetics and guaranteed bgjds. Any advice from anyone who has bred these would also be appreciated.

I have a pair of blue genotypes that I am willing to part with. They are gorgeous and have spawned twice. They have not allowed eggs to reach wrigglers stage but I also haven't been very diligent about saving the eggs. Where are you located?

Male

Attachments

• image-2879175007.jpg
    image-2879175007.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 52
They are beautiful. I'm in southeastern Ohio. How much do you want for them?

I can't wait to welcome them into their new home in Ohio. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.

Back
Top Bottom