Platy fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asberry2

Aquarium Advice Regular
About how long does it take for platy fry to show their color? I rescued about 20 from one of my tanks and put them in a net and they're all clear except for two which appear to be a little older.

IME the platy fry are born with a little color, like a tint of it ( my platys are orange and the fry are tinted yellow) but it takes a few months for the color to fully come in

Bubbles0oO said:
IME the platy fry are born with a little color, like a tint of it ( my platys are orange and the fry are tinted yellow) but it takes a few months for the color to fully come in

I would agree. The platy fry will take a few months before you see any color in them.

i have a molly fry that is about 2 months and is only now getting small dark speckles on her, almost like somone put pepper on her ! OMG im going to name her pepper!!! my first ever tank risen fry!! :D :D :D :D

Bubbles0oO said:
i have a molly fry that is about 2 months and is only now getting small dark speckles on her, almost like somone put pepper on her ! OMG im going to name her pepper!!! my first ever tank risen fry!! :D :D :D :D

Haha congrats! You are moving up in the tank world!

:D just yesterday i set up a fry / mystery snail breeding tank and am planning on moving my smaller fry into it along with a very preggo female!

Bubbles0oO said:
:D just yesterday i set up a fry / mystery snail breeding tank and am planning on moving my smaller fry into it along with a very preggo female!

Make sure the tank is big enough to hold all the fish :)

it it, i kept it sterile so i could see all of the little fry, i also dropped the water lvl down 3 inches so the snails could lay thier eggs, dont worry though i haave plenty of other tanks that my friends want fish in ! my favorite fry are guppy fry because i like to guess thier colors, usually you have a few months to do so thoiugh....

Back
Top Bottom