Platy fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ell-may

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My platy fry are 2 months old and are transparent!!!!

I have 2 high fin platys, male and female, their fry was born 2 months ago which I transferred into a small separate tank. The female is plain yellow/gold and the male is yellow/gold fading into red with black fins and tail, I am concerned however because their fry are now 2 months old yet have still not developed any colour, they are just a plain pale/peach colour, almost see-through!!! with black tails, I'm not sure if this is just normal and it will develop, if it's their natural colour and it will stay the same or I need to change their diet, I currently feed them the same flake food as my other fish accept I ground it to make it smaller, can someone please tell me if they will develop colour?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 76
Hi, hopefully they develop their colour. I've had young fry start off pale and go to black. If I'm reading correctly one of the parents was a pale colour?

Fry don't always look like their parents. There is a lot more to genetics then what any of us can see...History ,parents of your parent fish ,grandparents ...s long as they are growing all is well.

Depending on where and how you obtained the adults may determine if the male is the father or not. Platys will breed with who ever if mixed in a tank.

1 that was born a few weeks before the others is now quite large and I've moved her into my adult tank with the rest of my fish, the colours still haven't changed but they're all doing fine and growing well so that's a positive

Back
Top Bottom