Platy fry dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
So for the last week or so I've had roughly 1 fry die daily. My water params are 0,0,20 and 7.6. I have them in a breeder net until they grow but I do have a decent amount of fry. Should I release them into the tank? All that's in the tank are apple snails. My tank has gravel though

Chronos313 said:
So for the last week or so I've had roughly 1 fry die daily. My water params are 0,0,20 and 7.6. I have them in a breeder net until they grow but I do have a decent amount of fry. Should I release them into the tank? All that's in the tank are apple snails. My tank has gravel though

How old are they?? How big is the tank? Is the tank cycled? I would do a 20% PWC just to be safe fry are easiest to die off.

They range from 1.5-3-4 weeks old I'd say. Fully cycled tank, did pwc 2 days ago. It's a ten gallon tank.

Chronos313 said:
They range from 1.5-3-4 weeks old I'd say. Fully cycled tank, did pwc 2 days ago. It's a ten gallon tank.

The ones from 2 weeks and up I would add to the tank. Maybe in a couple of days do another PWC just to be safe (small one).

Ya I'm thinking they are all between 2-4 weeks old. But I'm ballparking as I'm bad with dates. I'll add them to the tank shortly and see how they do

Chronos313 said:
Ya I'm thinking they are all between 2-4 weeks old. But I'm ballparking as I'm bad with dates. I'll add them to the tank shortly and see how they do

Ok make sure they adjust good! Good luck!

They are in the tank and I think they are much happier. It's a mix of platy and guppy fry, I'll try and get some pics shortly. I hAve two bigger platy fry but I don't think they are from any of my male platys, could they still resemble them down the road or will it be a different strain?

I tried getting pics, but my camera sucks. I'll try catching one tomorrow and place it in a jar so I can take a few pics. I'll place it back in the tank immediately after. I have a good amount of guppy fry also so it'll be interesting to see what colors show up. So excited!

Back
Top Bottom