Please could someone identify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The sea monkeys Rock

Aquarium Advice Regular
Dear All,

I have noticed spawns of the below in my tank recently. I have some snails in the tank and 6 small fish:

x2 Celestrial Pearl Danio
x2 Lampeye
x2 Ember Tetra

I have three small pond snails of which I noticed mating recently.

If someone could help me identify the eggs that would be super

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC03595.jpg
    DSC03595.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC03595 (1).jpg
    DSC03595 (1).jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 108
The tank is 100 litres or 26G (US). Plenty of room for more. I could add some more CPDs, but thing is, I am trying to keep Nitrates down. The tank is under stocked at the moment as you can see. My tap water is 40ppm Nitrate and so I have started buying RO (which I reconstitute myself) from the LFS. The more fish I have, the more trips to the LFS to keep the Nitrate down.

I have Rotala Macrandra, Rotala Wallichii and HC growing which like soft water with low Nitrates see.

That is my dilemma. You are right though, CPD's lampeye's and ET's all like to be in skools of at least 6-7. Not sure what to do really

Close up - Snail Eggs

Here is super close up of the eggs, I am removing them with a small pipette. There were four groups of eggs that I could see.

Attachments

• DSC03609.jpg
    DSC03609.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC03607.jpg
    DSC03607.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
You can use Distilled water if that is easier. I use part Distilled/part Tap.

If you haven't already try some fast growing stem plants ,(edit) never mind I see you have some stems. Perhaps try more plants, that are "sponges" for Nitrates ?

You can use Distilled water if that is easier. I use part Distilled/part Tap.

If you haven't already try some fast growing stem plants ,(edit) never mind I see you have some stems. Perhaps try more plants, that are "sponges" for Nitrates ?

My Nitrates are down to 25ppm now, GH4 KH4. I hope now my HC will start to carpet.

Back
Top Bottom