please ID the unexpected Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agrasyuk

Aquarium Advice Freak
no, it did not appear in my tank.
today i by a chance stopped by far acquaintance that keeps a aquarium for several years now. success level is mixed, but he is not striving for perfection either. but regardless, upon hearing that i now too have aquarium he immediately offered me to take some of the fry that "somehow" got into his tank.
so now there is a floating fry trap in my tank housing these little thingies :) quite exciting even though its not fruit of my effort. fed them with tiny bit of finely crushed plankton flakes. will stop by a fish store for some brine shrimp tomorrow

sorry there is no items to compare scale but i'd say 3-5mm. could anyone ID the fish and the ~age by those pictures attached? i was told the only paired fish in tank is unknown gourami (couldn't id)

Attachments

• DSC_1857.jpg
    DSC_1857.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC_1858.jpg
    DSC_1858.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 138
What all fish do you have in your tank? They look like some sort of livebearer fry to me, but a list of possible fish would be helpful.

the tank these came from has one pleco, one black barb, and a pair of what i was told gouramis. the pair was hiding so i didn't get to see them very well, but i somewhat doubt these actually were a gouramis.

the tank these came from has one pleco, one black barb, and a pair of what i was told gouramis. the pair was hiding so i didn't get to see them very well, but i somewhat doubt these actually were a gouramis.

Were there any mollys at all?

Were there any mollys at all?
let me look up mollies :)
hmm, sugestions for a good online picture guide on aquarium fish ? :)

I hope we can find out exactly what they are, I want some :lol:
i think that it might be arranged. he does not want them at all from what i gathered. but i'm not sure if there is any issues shipping them in this young age (or at all
)

Here is my gold panda molly (I think thats the name)
img_2660313_0_c99d4c3d7212348714f0f8eb240df621.jpg

jwh, i briefly perused a guide. sorry, adults didn't look like mollies at all.
i will be there again on Sunday the latest will try to snap pictures, (and pick up anything unwanted) but the only possible parents were super shy today. at any rate the fry will grow at some point and then i'll find out for sure :)

Let me know if you can send some my way at some point. They're really neat :)
Also, if you could take pictures of the fish in the tank, maybe would could ID the parents for ya :)

Sorry Scotty, trip didn't happen :(

the 5 i have are feedingwell on finely crashed plankton flakes, tropical flakes and little bit brine shrimp yesterday (the other fishes went nuts eating those too :) )
perhaps it is my imagination but it seems they grew a bit.
any one else want to try and ID?

TY

Attachments

• DSC_1859.jpg
    DSC_1859.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_1861.jpg
    DSC_1861.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 80
Are you sure those aren't Mollies? The fin structure matches perfectly, the dropped belly is obvious, even the face tells me those are baby mollies :) Pretty ones I might add.

Go ahead and google up some information on Molly Fry, and some with pictures.. you might be able to get it down to the exact species. (y)

Sorry Scotty, trip didn't happen :(

the 5 i have are feedingwell on finely crashed plankton flakes, tropical flakes and little bit brine shrimp yesterday (the other fishes went nuts eating those too :) )
perhaps it is my imagination but it seems they grew a bit.
any one else want to try and ID?

TY

That's ok. Glad they are eating well. Let me know if a trip does happen tho :)

almost month have passed and the little fishes grew a bit. one however didn't make it, can't imagine it was out-competed for food as there was plenty for everyone. all of a sudden it started swimming dragging its belly on bottom and one morning we found him dead. feared another one might follow but its still here and growing.

what do you guys think, old enough to be let outside ?

Attachments

• DSC_1879.jpg
    DSC_1879.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_1883.jpg
    DSC_1883.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 94
Hi Fish Friends,

They do look quite a bit like mollies. I raise mollies and other types of fish. They do have an interesting color combination.

kitty2234

Back
Top Bottom