Please Identify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The sea monkeys Rock

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,

Bought a 26G tank some weeks ago and have just finished the fishless cycle. Added a moss ball from my smaller tank which had fish in it. The fish in the smaller tank were:

x2 Pearl Celestrial Danio (Galaxy Rasbora)
x2 Ember Tetra
x2 Lampeye

Having added the moss ball into the new tank, I have noticed many tiny moving particles. These are almost impossible to see with the human eye, however I have taken a picture with a macro lens which sees more detail and wondered if anyone could possibly identify please.

There are also two lampeye fry (I think) swimming around the new tank, so seems like the lampeyes have bred. These smaller beings (in the picture) look different though

Many Thanks

Attachments

• DSC03485.jpg
    DSC03485.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 74
See they look familiar, so I'm embarking on a huge google image search for you. Hope someone knows, if not, wish me luck!

COPEPODS!!! Rah! That took me an hour!

Ok, judging by the time stamp, just under half an hour... But still... Yay!

Thank you

Ah COPEPODS, thank you! Very kind I appreciate you looking and finding the answer for me.

I was excited thinking they were baby shrimp of fish fry from my lampeye. Do you think these are a problem in the tank? Will they attack my fry eggs or other fish? I presently have two baby lampeyes which are about 5mm long at the moment.

Thank you!

No harm whatsoever. Good food source for your fish, a sign of a healthy aquarium, rather difficult to get rid of though. I'm sorry, I don't know anything about them myself but this is what a quick google search has told me.

Back
Top Bottom