Polleni just laid third batch of eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Major drag, woke up this morning and checked on my fish tanks. In the tank with the Polleni babies almost all of them were dead. :( I've been raising these for a couple of months and was very close to being ready to sell them.

I did a water change in the afternoon yesterday and something bad must have been in the new water. I am not a happy camper.

Thanks, I just got done picking out about 100 dead ones. I move the few remaining ones to another tank but I doubt any of them will live. This sucks.

Did you remember the dechlorinator? That would be my only guess as to them dying so quickly after a water change

I decided that either I had a bad bottle of de-chlorinator or something bad was in the water supply. The mother and father polleni are doing better, I moved them to my 180g tank. The other two tanks that I did the water changes on the same day also had problems but luckily nothing in them was killed.

Well I guess the adults are all healed up. I moved them out of the 180g tank and back to their own 75g tank a few days ago and bingo!

883189_10151569201629878_1816590410_o.jpg

Wow, That's great! May I ask what kind of sand is that? Your fish looks gorgeous

Wow, That's great! May I ask what kind of sand is that? Your fish looks gorgeous

Its just some black aquarium sand, I think I got is at petco, it has been a LONG time so I don't remember for sure. It is very fine sand, they seem to love it. I'm guessing it makes them feel safe because they are black as well.

Back
Top Bottom