Possible white cloud fry ?? How to take care 8O

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swanandmokashi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This afternoon as I was looking at my fish tank , I saw dozens of small orgasims swimming (looks like a small black dot with a tail) ..Could these be white cloud minnow frys?

The fish are trying to nip at them and maybe also eating them ?
How do take care of this situation , what food should I use for the frys ???

Please guide :?:

Well, unless the fry or other fish are removed to another tank or separated with a tank divider you will likely have all the fry disappear w/in another 24 hours (unless you have a few that are VERY good at hiding). White clouds are actually fairly prolific breeders in the home aquarium so I would say that you do, indeed, have w.c. fry.
If you are able to separate and save some of the fry (catching fry that small is usually easiest using a container or siphon as most nets are not finely meshed enough) they are best started on infrusia (there are several methods to cultivate that found w/a quick web-search) and can then graduate to baby brine shrimp and/or finely ground flake food.
A bare bottom tank will be easiest to keep clean (and makes it easier to see the fry) -- toss in a sponge filter (the sponge will also "grow" things the babies like to munch on so it is a win/win item) and you are set. CLEAN water is a key in rasing any fry so frequent (ie daily) p.w.c. are headed your way....
Enjoy and CONGRATS

Back
Top Bottom