Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

Big enough to not fit in your largest fish's mouth. I know, it's the obvious answer...but I haven't been able to get a better one, I asked the same question. As long as they can outrun the adults that's fine. When I dropped my Molly in the tank with the guppy fry, they all were smart enough to run for the hills at 1 week old. If he gets eaten, don't fret, you'll have more soon!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Regular

lol it's gonna take a while then.. The mollies open their mouths pretty wide when they feed and I've seen them moving the rocks around in the bottom of the tank... I may just take the chance and let him go. I've been considering exchanging them for a betta. I think one would be happy in a 5.5 with room to roam.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:01 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via AIM to midnightS07 Send a message via Yahoo to midnightS07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
You most likely wouldn't see it...mothers can turn right around and eat their own fry. I think I was lucky to find 1 hiding in the plants.

The container would work to catch the fry. Then you probably want a separate tank for the fry so they can grow instead of being confined. Plus with guppies, the best is to separate the males and females at 3 months or else they will inter-breed which I think is bad or something. I don't like in Arkansas so I don't know anything about that. (if you're from Arkansas...it's a joke...don't get offended

interbreeding with guppies isnt bad, or any fish for that matter. or even other animals like horses and dogs and such.. theyre not like humans, that doesnt mess up anything for them

Tags
breeding guppies, guppies, guppy, pregnant, pregnant guppy, pregnany guppy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com