Possibly pregnant guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big enough to not fit in your largest fish's mouth. I know, it's the obvious answer...but I haven't been able to get a better one, I asked the same question. As long as they can outrun the adults that's fine. When I dropped my Molly in the tank with the guppy fry, they all were smart enough to run for the hills at 1 week old. If he gets eaten, don't fret, you'll have more soon!

lol it's gonna take a while then.. The mollies open their mouths pretty wide when they feed and I've seen them moving the rocks around in the bottom of the tank... I may just take the chance and let him go. I've been considering exchanging them for a betta. I think one would be happy in a 5.5 with room to roam.

You most likely wouldn't see it...mothers can turn right around and eat their own fry. I think I was lucky to find 1 hiding in the plants.

The container would work to catch the fry. Then you probably want a separate tank for the fry so they can grow instead of being confined. Plus with guppies, the best is to separate the males and females at 3 months or else they will inter-breed which I think is bad or something. I don't like in Arkansas so I don't know anything about that. (if you're from Arkansas...it's a joke...don't get offended:D

interbreeding with guppies isnt bad, or any fish for that matter. or even other animals like horses and dogs and such.. theyre not like humans, that doesnt mess up anything for them

Back
Top Bottom