Powder blue dwarf gourami,male or female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vallejo98

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just got 2 dwarf powder blue gouramis and i wanted to know if they were male and female, i think they are both male but i want to know forsure. one of them has a dorsal fin that is very pointed at the end and almost touches his tail, he looks really nice and the other one has a smaller dorsal fin that is almost pointed but it looks round at the same time. I think its a male because of its color, from what i read females don't have a bright beautiful color like the males so that is why i think its a male but at the same time they been doing the courtship dance with each other and rubbing against each other so I'm confused. Please help with some answers. The one on the right is the one who i know for sure is a boy and the one on the left is the one im confused about.

Attachments

• received_3436456876412218.jpeg
    received_3436456876412218.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,223
  • 20200928_192913.jpg
    20200928_192913.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 54
My bad i meant the one on the left is the male and the one on the right is the one idk for sure but you did say they were male and female correct?

Back
Top Bottom