scarlet badis/ dario dario

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennae

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm having a heck of a time getting ahold of females. I have heard that sellers do this purposely. Does anyone have any ideas? I would really really like to breed these little guys as I just love them! They are so tiny yet they still come to see me when I approach the tank or am sitting next to the tank.

You could try aquabid. You'll have to pay for shipping. They're are fantastic little fish. I loved mine.

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't mind shipping fish, but I'd have to find some one willing to separate males and females and most won't do that. I have 17 males and I only want some females. :(

Do you know if you have any lfs that carry them regularly, or would be willing to get some in that you could look at before purchase?
I have seen females awhile back at 1 store here when they got in a shipment.
I know it is tough when you need a specific gender. I have ended up with a few various boys or girls clubs as well when trying to get pairs of certain species. If seller's won't separate them for you, I honestly have no more ideas for help. I can understand how with 17 males you would prefer all just females, but unfortunately, that is rarely the way fish sales work. I imagine you will end up with a mix though unfortunately.
Have you tried this lady? About Msjinkzd | Invertebrates by Msjinkzd If not, I suggest contacting her to see if it is anything she could help you with. I have dealt with her before and she was super helpful. I don't know about this case, but it might be worth a try.

Thanks. My LFS sucks when it comes to special orders. They just won't do it and they never have oddball fish ever. I will try contacting the person you suggested. Thanks.

She will be very honest with you about what she has and when she has it. I have not ever heard a complaint, and I know a fair few other people who have ordered from her as well. Good luck!
My other other idea is to stalk aquabid. lol.

I did contact her and am waiting for a response. I have already talked to someone at the WETSPOT (they sell them often on aquabid) about them as well. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom