sexing baby betta? help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpilNAshlee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A friend of mine who breeds Bettas recently had a litter lol... they are about 9 weeks old and I couldn't help myself when I saw them (I breed guppies and I am very familiar with taking care of the fry) so I have ended up with this little one but for the life of me I cannot tell if this is a male or female fish... I have done much research trying to figure this out but it seems my little one is far to clear colored to tell. .. any help would be much appreciated!

ForumRunner_20130422_152500.jpg

ForumRunner_20130422_152546.jpg

I do also have 2 adult male Bettas (in seperate tanks) I am farmilar with what the adults look like in comparison to each other but the babies are difficult to sex properly at least that's how it seems!

At 9 weeks old they are not guaranteed sexable. With that color however, you should be able to see any eggs that start to grow in there if it's a female or see the fins start to elongate if it's a male. For now, It's a....... an IT lol ( Sorry, couldn't resist ;) ) ( It= either a male or female or both ;) )

Back
Top Bottom