Should I place cichlid fries with rainbow fish frys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vllx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello people :D
I have 7 hap. zebra obliquiden fry :( from 60 eggs..and 60 bosemani rainbow fish fry. They are in seperate tanks, the rainbows are in a 16 gallon bow front and the cichlids are in a newly setup 10 gallon bare tank with 2 airstones. They rainbow have been free swimming for at least 3 days now without me having to feed them. The 16 gallon is an established tank with lots of bacteria and micro organism, so they must be eating off of that, while the cichlids still have about 2-3 more days worth of egg sack. But id have to feed the cichlid frys because theres nothing in the tank for them to eat. Im contemplating whether or not to place them together in the 16 gallon with the rainbows, since they will most likely grow much faster with all the live stuff to eat in there, but im worried that they might also eat the rainbow frys since they are extremely small. you barely can even see the rainbow frys untils u pay close attention. all u see is the small black eyes moving around in there like water flies.
Any past experience or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks.:bowl:

I would not put them together, the cichlid fry will grow much faster and will end up eating the rainbow fry. You can either feed the cichlids some egg yolk, hard boiled and a bit squished into the tank or some pre-bought fry food.

HELLO :n00b:
You can move some decor or gravel that has algae on it for the cichlid fry to eat off. Or buy fry bites :D
Totally off the point: cichlid fries make me think of McDonalds! Fry is plural and singular ;)

Back
Top Bottom