Surpise- BABIES now what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katgurl48

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi: So this is my first fresh water. I have 10 gallon it was just cycled and I added fish today, I bought a dalmation molly and surprise within 2 hours Molly fry. Now I have 2 female bettas too ( 2 mollys as well) and knowing this I saved as many fry as I could because the bettas ate most. I saved 10-15 mollies and did not have another tank so I put them in a little aquatic ( little plastic tank) carrying case with food. What temp do they need to be at? And do they need a filter? I thought most filters suck up fry because they are so small. Any suggestions?

I had a fry tank and put nylon over it you can also put a sponge over it so fry don't get sucked up. A filter would help and I think would help them live better. Congratz on fry though! Need around 76-81ish f.

Just take a piece of filter sponge, cut a hole in it, and slip it over the intake tube. The nylon works also, though, or some filter floss wrapped around and secured with a rubber band.

I prefer the sponge method though because it doesn't clog as easily and is simple to pull off and rinse when needed. As far as temps go, they will be fine at regular tropical temps, upper 70s.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom