Unusual guppy breeding!!!!! Help!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChrisJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a guppy that dropped fry on the morning of Sunday 13th this month, I don't know how many she had but I only managed to save 3 using a floating breeder box. Tonight, my other guppy dropped fry in the main tank today without me knowing as now it is small and the gravid spot has gone pink in colour. The problem being, now from today my guppy that dropped not even 2 weeks ago looks ready to drop again! When she did drop fry the other day she didn't go as skinny as the 1 that had fry today and her gravid spot was still a darkish colour! Could she drop again? It hasn't even been 2 weeks.

Please, everyone's different views is more than welcome.

I have read that live bearers can be pregnant for a long period of time and drop a couple of weeks apart. I currently have a guppy that dropped 3 fry last week but the gravid spot is still black so I'm assuming she'll drop again soon. Hope this helps a little.

{ mod edit } I think she has had them, and in the main tank... No fry!! I'm not doing good at this breeding lark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Live bearers will sometimes release some of the fry while keeping some in for longer. Longest I've personally seen is 1 week In my experience but is plausible to go Two weeks I guess

Back
Top Bottom