Watching my angels....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pcdebb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So during my nightly observation before lights out, I noticed two of my angels being wierd. Bubba (the Koi and bully) and Stumpy (stripes) seems to be taking quite an interest in my filter intake pipe. Bubba will sort of pick at it as if he's cleaning it, then he'll back up and let Stumpy do it. While that one is doing that Bubba will chase off any others that come in the area. He's always asserting himself to everyone, and Stumpy used to be one he'd chase, but not now.

Are they getting ready to lay?

sounds like you might have a mated pair about to lay eggs. if they are in a community tank most likely the parents will eat the eggs or the other fish will eat the babies. i would put a flat piece of 2 or 3 inch wide flat rock or something close like 2--- 4 inch clay pots stacked up big openings together. or let them lay on the intake and let mother nature take its coarse. you can hatch the eggs yourself if u want to and have the tank and stuff to do it . feel free to pm me if i can help. i have 10 breeding pair of angels and i love the breeding hobbie.

Thank you. I don't see anything yet but the behavior continues. I do have a flat piece of rock in there but I may reposition it since its more to the front of the tank. It would be nice to breed something else than guppies lol

Back
Top Bottom