What fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do paradise fish look like?

A few photos my gf took a couple months ago of our paradisefish.

img_1373220_0_3f2b4ffda72886107a5d21d41a87bdfb.jpg

img_1373220_1_e52f15b3aaf132eaed997b01cccea2a2.jpg

I agree with BigJim. The problem with livebearers is that they have TONS of kiddos. You would definately need a heater for tropical fish since rapid changes in temperatures can kill your fish. I do think you should get rid of some of the snails. One or two would be sufficient to scavenge your tank. I noticed that you are changing your mind a whole lot. I really think you need to take your time deciding what exactly you want to stock in your tank. I don't mean to be rude, but when you put the fish in the tank, they are yours.

Here are some things I can suggest:

1. Have you decided if you are going to have a tropical (heated) or sub-tropical (unheated) tank. Deciding this will help narrow your options.
2. Do you want to breed the fish? Livebearers (guppies, mollies, platies, etc.) breed prolifically and you don't have room for all of the babies. Maybe look into something other than them.
3. Take your time. We are here to help you, so if you have any questions ask them. Just think hard before you make your decision.

If you do these things, the process will be a whole lot easier. :)

Ya I am a very spontaneous decision maker. I can bring back some snails and give some to my sister. I think I want guppies.. Fancy guppies. I have researched them a lot for the last two days. I have a 5gal. Tank to put the momma and my LFS takes fish donations. Sound good?

Back
Top Bottom