What sex is my pink con and bristlenose pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gordo96

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I want to know if my pink coanvict is a male because i cant see any orange on it. And if it is a male why doesnt it pay any attention to the female pink con and black con? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390838351.149784.jpg

Also , when do bristlenose plecos get their bristles? I already have a male, i just want the female. I have one that is about 2"-2 1/2" .. I dont see any bristles ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390838573.533056.jpg is it a female?

I might be wrong but your con looks like a female just bad geans

Sent from my PRO7D using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I could be wrong, but the convict looks like a male to me. I have 6 pairs,I breed them for live feeders and the shape looks male

If its a male, and you have for sure females, he will pair up with one and they will terrorize the other. They will pair up on their own pretty quick. When he picks one take the others out so they don't get beat up. Convicts are fantastic parents that don't allow ANY other tank mates

If its a male, and you have for sure females, he will pair up with one and they will terrorize the other. They will pair up on their own pretty quick. When he picks one take the others out so they don't get beat up. Convicts are fantastic parents that don't allow ANY other tank mates

Yea i sure i have 2 other female convicts .. And i have bred black convicts , i didnt have to do anything to get them to breed , they just did. But the pink convict only care about food.

I have black, pink and marbled convicts, and mine all act the same. They spawn at the same times, all six pair. Once they start I promise they'll never stop :)

Back
Top Bottom