Who am I? Fry-dentification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

savrip

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We were visiting Petco earlier this week and noticed of small fish swimming and ask about it. They offered to give it to my daughter so we are going to try to raise it and figure out what it is. Does anyone have ideas?

The best I can tell from the turned up lip it could be a neon or mosquito fish.Screenshot_20180927-093850.jpegScreenshot_20180927-093910.jpeg

I think you may be right! My wife and I went back and looked at the video I took and when the turns to swim back to the left his pectoral find do look like they are pitched up. Regardless I'll keep everyone posted as he grows.

To me it looks like a Norman’s lampeye killi. You might look them up and compare

Sorry I didn't update sooner. We we're camping a couple of weekends ago, wife was home and reported that the fry had died. I'm not sure of the cause, everyone else was okay and water levels are fine. Sad to see him go, I'll look at it as an exposure to a fish I previously did not know about.

Back
Top Bottom