Why is my parrot protective over my Flame Gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robertselbe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I went out and bought another flame Gourami and the female is trying to lay her eggs to my understanding. Unfortunately the male Gourami died and now it seems like my parrot is taking over the role as the father. Is this normal? or should I remove him? And what am I going to do with approx, 140 convict chilids? I do not want to hurt them.

This is getting insane. The female Gourami is building her bubble nest on the heater, due to the parrot. He will not let her near the glass. My wife did some research. So we put a floating plant vine in for made for fish.

A little better with Parrot and Gourami

I put the vine in by the heater where she before was starting the bubble nest on the heater. Now she is going to the top of the heater where the vine is and doing more bubbles. Do you think these babies are going to survive or did I need the male Gourami? I still do not know if I should take out the parrot - which he is thinking he is the father.

What size tank do you have them in? Aside from the convict cichlids and the parrot what are the other tankmates?

Back
Top Bottom