WOW!! Molly Fry Color Patterns!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
My female Silver Lyretail Molly and Dalmatian Molly both bred with my male Black Molly...

Silver batch born April 25th & Dalmatian/Black batch born April 29th... At birth the silver ones were light silver and the Dalmatian/Black were born mostly Black or Charcoal Gray.

Now at 2.5 wks & 3 wks colors are changing like crazy. The Silver Mollies are white (silver) with some pencil lining of black on their top fins... The Dalmatian batch WAS black but now look like little tuxedo penguin babies! Black on top and white on bottom, gray speckled, etc... SO interesting... Took forever for me to get these pics.... But wanted to share...
Does anyone have experience with these colors or breeding these colors together?
I have them all in my 20g L... They are sharing their space with 4 tiny platy babies... They really seem to be enjoying the space and are quite interested in the gravel and decor... It's pretty cute :)

View attachment 95562

View attachment 95563

View attachment 95564

Awww! I love the penguin looking ones especially but maybe that's because I can't really see the active little silver ones
Will you sell the penguin colored ones? Just wondering-
But I'd have to be shipped to so...

emerald76 said:
Awww! I love the penguin looking ones especially but maybe that's because I can't really see the active little silver ones
Will you sell the penguin colored ones? Just wondering-
But I'd have to be shipped to so...

Yes once they're bigger of course :)
Will be interesting to see how they turn out... Some at the moment have white bellies with black back ends and fins....like they set In paint! Haha..
One of the silvers looked silver with a slight diluted cresmsicle and black trimmed top fils... We'll see!!

emerald76 said:
What do they look like now? All grown?

They're about 1/3" and mostly white with a few grey speckles.... The occasional one has a grayish tail...
Totally changing colors... We'll see how they look in another month...

Back
Top Bottom