The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InfernoST

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone
I'm new to these forums and am grateful I found a place with very knowledgeable members. I've been feeling my way around and was trying to add an avatar and am unable to, every time i try to upload my selection (80 x 80) i get an error message that it is not a valid avatar. What am i doing wrong?

Thanx

To upload or change an avatar:

An avatar is the little picture displayed below your user name in the profile box on the left side of every post. You may use a forums avatar or upload your own custom avatar. Avatars are limited in size to 80 x 80 pixels or 19 KB (whichever is smaller) and Sponsors and contributing members may load avatars that are 120 x 120 pixels.

To choose a forum-standard avatar:
1. Click user CP (control panel) on upper blue tool bar.
2. Click edit avatar on left side menu.
3. Select the avatar you desire for the available pictures and click the selection dot below the picture.
4. Click save changes.

To upload a custom avatar: Choose a picture you like that is stored in your computer. Resize the picture to meet the size requirements above using a photo/image editor or camera software. Images that are too large will fail to load and you will receive and error message.

3. Scroll down to the "Custom Avatar" box and click the "use Custom Avatar" button.
4. Click Browse button. A file menu screen will appear and you can choose the avatar file to be loaded. The file name should appear in the "upload an avatar from your computer box".
5. Click save changes.

See if this helps

To upload or change an avatar:

An avatar is the little picture displayed below your user name in the profile box on the left side of every post. You may use a forums avatar or upload your own custom avatar. Avatars are limited in size to 80 x 80 pixels or 19 KB (whichever is smaller) and Sponsors and contributing members may load avatars that are 120 x 120 pixels.

To choose a forum-standard avatar:
3. Select the avatar you desire for the available pictures and click the selection dot below the picture.
4. Click save changes.

To upload a custom avatar: Choose a picture you like that is stored in your computer. Resize the picture to meet the size requirements above using a photo/image editor or camera software. Images that are too large will fail to load and you will receive and error message.

3. Scroll down to the "Custom Avatar" box and click the "use Custom Avatar" button.
4. Click Browse button. A file menu screen will appear and you can choose the avatar file to be loaded. The file name should appear in the "upload an avatar from your computer box".
5. Click save changes.

See if this helps
melosu58
Thanks for the help but I've followed the instructions to the letter and still I'm getting the following error after I click save changes (This is not a valid avatar file). I'm trying to upload a 4k jpg.

I was in the middle of checking this out for you and I see you did get your avatar to display!
An t-iasg
I'm using an Intel Imac and for some reason i couldn't get it to work with OSX, so i rebooted the mac into vista and gave it another try and Viola, success. I must investigate this because i love my mac using OSX and am tired of all of the Windows problems. I have not had a problem with my Mac since i converted (1 1/2 years nows), this thing just plain works all of the time.

Thanks for looking out.

Sorry but I'm a gluten for punishment, Go Bills

I've been running Linux for the past two years. I was tired of Windows problems too. I do have Vista but only boot it up once a month or so to buy songs on iTunes! I don't know why your avatar didn't load with the Mac. Others here use OSX and I've never seen a problem related to using the forum with it. I'm glad you got your avatar to upload.

The Bills are ok :) Jim Kelly is from this area (Western PA) so I liked the Bills for awhile.

I've been running Linux for the past two years. I was tired of Windows problems too. I do have Vista but only boot it up once a month or so to buy songs on iTunes! I don't know why your avatar didn't load with the Mac. Others here use OSX and I've never seen a problem related to using the forum with it. I'm glad you got your avatar to upload.

The Bills are ok :) Jim Kelly is from this area (Western PA) so I liked the Bills for awhile.
An t-iasg
I'm happy i got the avatar up, as for the MAC issue it's got to be operator error however I'm very persistent and will get to the errr of my ways. On the football front the Bills are the only true NY team unlike the Giants and Jets who think they're from NY. My theory is you're not from NY if you play in the swamp lands in NJ and your offices are in NY.

Have a good one, and thanks for your help

Hi all,
Does anyone know how to upload an avatar from the iPhone app or do I have to log in on a pc ?
I've managed to upload a couple of pictures in general but can't figure this one out.

Back
Top Bottom