i used to get email notice that someone responded to my post...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr_X

Aquarium Advice Addict
but i had a mishap with my email box and must have bounced a few emails back. now i don't get any notice of responses or pms. anyone have an idea how to correct this?
thanks.

1. User CP
2. In left column click Edit Options
3. Scroll about 1/3 down the page, find the box that says Private Messaging
4. Check the radio box for the option that says 'Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages'

That should put you back in business.

Mine did the same thing a while back. I had to go to User CP > Edit Options> and chane the 'Default Thread Subscription' to 'no email notification', save, then back to 'instant email notification' and save again. Fixed it for me.

I still have the exact same problem & nothing fixes it!!! Im been stuck for 2 months now having to look at the 'user control panel/list subscriptions' box all the time to see if anyone has responded to a thread im subscribed to. I even posted a question here about it & was told to check my emails spam box (nothing there) & that 'its possibily a problem on this end' but no solutions. ????

Just tried it & it didnt work (someone responded to a subscribed thread). Even when i check the boxes next to the subscriptions for 'instant email notification' if i leave the pg & then return it, all of the boxes are unchecked again.

I guess no one has a solution? I tried the above mentioned fixes repeatedly & they didnt work.
thanks, jessica

I have no other ideas beyond what was suggested. I will PM our tech support and make sure they have seen this thread. You may see another response shortly.

Mr X- do you have by chance have comcast as your cable provider as I do? I just encountered a similar problem with another forum & I was given the following answer: 'your email provider has blocked our IP. We sent a request to your email provider to unblock it & restore your access. It should take approximately 7 business days.' Could this be the issue Mr. X & I are encountering???
Thanks, jessica

Ok, then perhaps its not just an issue with my internet provider. As I am not very computer savvy, is it possible that my internet provider is blocking AA's IP as it was suggested on the other forum? Can this be fixed?
thanks, jessica

Wow!!!! Thank you for posting this, Mr. X, because i just checked my email & my email notifications just started again as well! Someone did something!! :)

There was more work done on this today. Hopefully it solves the issue for good.

Thank you for your patience in this.

Well, I guess the solution to this issue was short-lived....once again (as of this evening), I am no longer receiving email notifications from this forum or 2 other forums. Is it an IP blocking issue again??
Thanks!

jlk said:
Well, I guess the solution to this issue was short-lived....once again (as of this evening), I am no longer receiving email notifications from this forum or 2 other forums. Is it an IP blocking issue again??
Thanks!

I'm having the same problem. :/

Back
Top Bottom