Search function improvement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neilanh

Sliced Bread
First off, to all the mods and site owner(s), AWESOME board you have here. Full of extremely knowledgable and helpful people. A big thank you for putting this together and keeping it. I will be donating soon.

Now, onto my point.

The search function. On other boards for hobbies I have (scuba, R/C planes, etc) the search functions for those boards allow an option to search entire threads, or just thread titles. I think adding the option to only search thread titles would be extremely useful here. When I search for something I get a bazillion hits, but not necessarily to the point I'm trying to find.

If it is there and I don't know about it, could you point me to it?

THANK YOU!!!

That feature would only be of benifit if more people would acutally put in the title what a summary of their posts contents. To bad way to many folks just put overly generic titles and thus searching on them ends up providing nothing useful.

Not trying to cut on our members knowledge of computers or forums but you may find that in those other arenas people tag their titles a little better. I suspect in the scuba as you example there are mostly adults doing the posting. Hard to say about RC but if its high end RC likely also mostly adults and those whom are a bit more adept at technology and computer/internet usage as compared to our member base that is usually a bit younger in comparison and to that respect less likely to provide concise and detailed topic titles.

Back
Top Bottom