100 gallon monster fish tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brox

Aquarium Advice Freak
An I keep some clown loaches in a 100 gallon fish tank? As well as some other fish (aggresive or ones that get big) thanks..

Brox said:
An I keep some clown loaches in a 100 gallon fish tank? As well as some other fish (aggresive or ones that get big) thanks..

I mean, Clown Loaches would love a 100g. It's more their style.

There are plenty of fish to fit in an 100g aggressive tank, depends on your fancy really.

Clown loaches love large tanks to be sure. But they are a shy species and would do better with less agressive fish. Skunk loaches are more aggressive and would work well in that tank.

Predfan27 said:
I mean, Clown Loaches would love a 100g. It's more their style.

There are plenty of fish to fit in an 100g aggressive tank, depends on your fancy really.

I was thinking an Oscar or two 1 or 2 smaller aggresive fish I have never owned 5 clown loaches and a bull dog pleco

Brox said:
I was thinking an Oscar or two 1 or 2 smaller aggresive fish I have never owned 5 clown loaches and a bull dog pleco

No offense, but I don't quite understand your statement. I need a little bit more punctuation please :)

Predfan27 said:
No offense, but I don't quite understand your statement. I need a little bit more punctuation please :)

Sorry I don't use commas on the Internet much lol, just add a comma after every fish

Brox said:

Haha ok. So:

Oscar or 2
1-2 smaller aggressive fish
5 Clown Loaches
1 Bulldog Pleco.

I dunno. I used to be into aggressive tanks (hence the PredFan name) but I've found you can get fish in better in a peaceful setting.

I will say that Oscars tend to be really messy as far as bio loads go. I wouldn't put 2 in there with all the other fish personally.

Predfan27 said:
Haha ok. So:

Oscar or 2
1-2 smaller aggressive fish
5 Clown Loaches
1 Bulldog Pleco.

I dunno. I used to be into aggressive tanks (hence the PredFan name) but I've found you can get fish in better in a peaceful setting.

I will say that Oscars tend to be really messy as far as bio loads go. I wouldn't put 2 in there with all the other fish personally.

Ok I am going to a south American cichlid tank now. With pleco

Brox said:
Ok I am going to a south American cichlid tank now. With pleco

May I suggest a Salvini pair instead of a Oscar pair? Smaller, same attitude, beautiful. Just sayin.

Predfan27 said:
May I suggest a Salvini pair instead of a Oscar pair? Smaller, same attitude, beautiful. Just sayin.

I'm pretty much set on Oscar lol I will look into salving though. (oscars have been my fave fish since like I was 9)

Brox said:
I'm pretty much set on Oscar lol I will look into salving though. (oscars have been my fave fish since like I was 9)

Gotcha, Oscars can be striking fish at that. I just don't feel that Oscars can have too many tank mates though due to their high bioload. Even in a 100g. Hmmm. Hopefully someone with more experience than me in aggressive tanks can chime in.

My aggressive tanks have been full of Polypterus species :)

Predfan27 said:
Gotcha, Oscars can be striking fish at that. I just don't feel that Oscars can have too many tank mates though due to their high bioload. Even in a 100g. Hmmm. Hopefully someone with more experience than me in aggressive tanks can chime in.

My aggressive tanks have been full of Polypterus species :)

I will do biwater changes more if needed

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom