10G Freshwater fish. Strange new thing on glass.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FoxRaid

Aquarium Advice Activist
For starters I have multiple tanks and haven't come across this yet. I got home today and was planning on feeding the fish and when I got up there I noticed in a little circle on the glass tank walls basically a bunch of yellow/white tiny balls (lol). Its only in one spot and it's very very small. The fish I have are neon tetras glofish hatchetfish Otos and a baby snail. Idk what it is I tried taking a pic but it's to small to focus. Any clues?

Is it a clear sac like thing with spots in it? Resembles some strange looking ameba thing? If so, its snail eggs!

Is it a clear sac like thing with spots in it? Resembles some strange looking ameba thing? If so, its snail eggs!

I looked up what you were talking about on Google images to see if I can find anything. It does have a clear sac but there not like big eggs or round I think. The snail in my tank I assumed was a baby because it's really really small.

I took a magnifying glass and took a pic of what's on my tank. Is it snail or fish?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130424_171205.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130424_171205.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 58
I've never had fish lay eggs before haha is it normal for them to lay it on the tank walls?

The Common Hatchetfish are egg layers, but they have not been successfully bred in captivity.

Otocinclus do lay their eggs on the walls of the tank among others! Otos are notorious "eggs scatterers" Otos lay adhesive eggs and do not guard them; they lay sticky eggs that they scatter around on the surfaces of things such as the walls of the tank and the decorations. Good luck, Oto fry are absolutely adorable! :D

I don't have any experience with otos eggs, but the pic you show does resemble snail eggs to me. You'll have to keep an eye and see what comes of them and let us know lol!

I definitely agree with Mlani I'm extremely interested in knowing now what it is that you have in your tank!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom