10g nano reef questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SushiRoll

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been thinking about getting a nano reef in a few months so I have a few questions.
1. how much time a day will be going into this? I was thinking something like an hour.
2. How complicated would it be because I'm relatively new to fish keeping.
3. Stocking tips, please. I was thinking some type of goby.
4. how expensive will it be?I already have the 10g tank and a filter.
List of things I think I will need
1. Gravel or sand
2. Heater
3. Rocks or Decor'
4. Fish:fish2:
please tell me anything else I need to know.

I've been thinking about getting a nano reef in a few months so I have a few questions.

1. how much time a day will be going into this? I was thinking something like an hour.

2. How complicated would it be because I'm relatively new to fish keeping.

3. Stocking tips, please. I was thinking some type of goby.

4. how expensive will it be?I already have the 10g tank and a filter.

List of things I think I will need

1. Gravel or sand

2. Heater

3. Rocks or Decor'

4. Fish:fish2:

please tell me anything else I need to know.

Ok I'll # my answers for your questions, here we go
1. Daily maintenance isn't really much once you get going, but for the beginning your weekly maintenance schedule should be testing, weekly wc and cleaning of equipment, cleaning the rocks with a turkey baster ( usually right before the wc)
2.its not to complicated if you take your time and do things slowly. Slow = stable and stability is CRUCIAL for nanos
3. Goby would be great there are other options too, check live aquaria and search by 10 g tank. There are also lots of cool inverts that do great in these smaller tanks that often get lost in larger tanks. There also on live aquaria
4. For a reef it will be $200-$500 depending on equipment

You'll want to add a power head to your list, and for a reef you'll need good lighting. A par38 is about as easy as it gets for reef lighting. I'm probably forgetting something but that's good for now. I would suggest doing research on marine tanks and the nitrogen cycle

Back
Top Bottom