10gal planted all set up! *pics*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks really nice. The only thing I would have done(and trust me, I'm no aqua-scaper), would have been to plant them a bit more randomly, rather than in a row. But they will grow in and expand with good light and CO2.
Keep us posted on their progress.

Len

first thing tomorrow, i'll remove the lilaeopsis and separate it some more.... i kinda which i had bought some of those nice planting tweezers... kinda REALLY wish... :|

Since the ultimate goal is to have them all spread into one thick carpet, I don't know that it matters, but you might want to space them out more. Realize the leaves will actually shrink in size. That is emersed growth. The leaves will become thinner and shorter, and is prone to have algae growing in it. Keep it as clean as possible by runing a siphon over it.

Best regards

Robert
www.aquabotanic.com

actually, i bought this plant submerged in a display tank. i guess the question would be how long the store had them in there...

Go to your local pharmacy and you'll find a variety of tweezers that, I'm sure will cost significantly less than 'plant tweezers' they sell at LFSs or on line.
I use regular ones for planting my Glosso. Some people swear by the pointy kind, but I have a difficult time planting with them.

Len

Back
Top Bottom