11G Framless Aquascape - medium tech

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RevLine

Aquarium Advice Activist
After a couple years I finally got back into fish keeping and started an 11gal tank. Countless videos of aquascaping inspired me to do this and took a couple weeks of planning.

The tank is an 11gal aqueon frameless with a glass hood and an aquamaxx light. Will be using liquid CO2 and ferts.

Hardscape is fluval stratum as I plan to keep shrimp. I absolutely love the textures of elephant skin stone and I bought a rather expensive “tree” at an aquarium convention.

Plants being used are Monte Carlos for the carpet, coral moss for the tree branches, sterogyne repens towards the back of the tank and patches of anubias nana petit around the tank. I’m currently looking for a spot for bucephalandra as I really took a liking of their submerged growth with leaves sporting blues, reds, and purples. Hard to find at my local LFSs and aren’t just the “sp. green” kinds.

Dry start setup is done for now! I can hardly wait to fill this thing!
IMG_3391.jpg

Thanks! Anyone know how long it’ll take for coral moss to stick onto the wood branches? or how long it’ll take micranthemum or anubias to start rooting into the substrate/rock? Thanks in advance!

Most of the initial plant melt is gone and tank is now cycled. I really like nano fish so I have stocked some rasboras (and one axelrodi!) and some blue velvet shrimp.

Attachments

• IMG_3529.jpg
    IMG_3529.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom