10 gal tank w gourami and neon tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonzo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
I'm a licensed professional counselor and licensed addiction counselor. I do therapy in a Montessori school 2 days per week and private practice the rest of the week. I have a small tank in my office at school that the students love.

I'm a novice. My daughter had two 55's and two 20's for years but I had nothing to do with them other than walking by and saying hi. I inherited a gourami in a 10 gal tank 4 years ago and grew to love having him. Prior to having him there was an Oscar, Big Frank, in a larger tank in my office for a couple of years that I fed and enjoyed before the owner took him home for a couple of years and then donated to a classroom where he was for the past four years until he passed away at 8 y.o.

I was surprised at the loss I felt when my gourami died (he had lived with someone else for years prior to the 4 years i had him) and again when Big Frank died a couple of weeks ago.

My current gourami has a spot on his head that concerns me. I treated for Ick for 6 days and then with Nitrofurazone for 10 days. The pictures I took a few minutes ago look like he has an open wound like an abrasion. I posted under fish with health problems also looking for help.

Please help if you can. Like I said in the other post, the only thing I knew about fish before these past few years was how to catch, cook and eat them. I dearly want to provide as healthy an environment as possible for my little buddies.
Lonzi

Hi,
I'm a licensed professional counselor and licensed addiction counselor. I do therapy in a Montessori school 2 days per week and private practice the rest of the week. I have a small tank in my office at school that the students love.

I'm a novice. My daughter had two 55's and two 20's for years but I had nothing to do with them other than walking by and saying hi. I inherited a gourami in a 10 gal tank 4 years ago and grew to love having him. Prior to having him there was an Oscar, Big Frank, in a larger tank in my office for a couple of years that I fed and enjoyed before the owner took him home for a couple of years and then donated to a classroom where he was for the past four years until he passed away at 8 y.o.

I was surprised at the loss I felt when my gourami died (he had lived with someone else for years prior to the 4 years i had him) and again when Big Frank died a couple of weeks ago.

My current gourami has a spot on his head that concerns me. I treated for Ick for 6 days and then with Nitrofurazone for 10 days. The pictures I took a few minutes ago look like he has an open wound like an abrasion. I posted under fish with health problems also looking for help.

Please help if you can. Like I said in the other post, the only thing I knew about fish before these past few years was how to catch, cook and eat them. I dearly want to provide as healthy an environment as possible for my little buddies.
Lonzi
Please see your other post for instructions. (y)

Back
Top Bottom