12 gallon eclipse new aquarium help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkA123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I plan on getting a 12 gallon eclipse aquarium. My stocking plan is 3 Albino Cory catfish and 1 female betta I already own. Would this be overstocking? Iplan to use sand substrate with live plants. Would Marimo balls be good? I want marimo balls and some other live plants. I heard the eclipse doesn't have powerful lighting but can still support normal plants. What plants do you suggest? I don't test my water regularly but the guy at petco tested it and said it's fine for cories. I'm going to buy a 50 watt heater and use the pure ammonia cycle method. Is this a good plan? I'd like to hear you suggestions and opinions. Here's a YouTube video of what I wan it to look like.
YouTube - ‪Comrad the papa betta fish & his albino cory babies 12 gallon Eclipse aquarium‬‎

You'll be perfectly fine. You even have room for a bristlenose pleco in case the plants don't prevent algae from growing. They get up to 5"

Ok thanks would it be ok to add more female bettas or albino cories? Or would this make them hostile or be overstocking. I think I'm going to follow my 3 cories 1 Betta plan and in the future add more. Thanks for your advice!
You'll be perfectly fine. You even have room for a bristlenose pleco in case the plants don't prevent algae from growing. They get up to 5"

Back
Top Bottom