125 Overflow Manufacturer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nsu7

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking into turning my 75 into a behind the tank sump for a new 125 with overflow and am wonderin if anyone has any experience with:

http://www.advanceaquatanks.com/vgdiamondedge.html

My LFS wants $380 for that tank, but $457 for the all-glass brand dual mega flow

http://www.all-glass.com/products/aquariums/megaflow.shtml

My all-glass 75 is doing well after some abuse, and am wondering if I should stick with them. Not sure I want to risk 125 gallons of water in my living room to save $75 bucks... I called both companies and I seem to get a better impression from all-glass, the other is a LA company that does custom acrylic and glass. I would prefer the blue background and blue overflow colors available from them compared to the black overflow and my own paint job on the all-glass. The advance aqua only has 1 overflow, whereas the all-glass has 2.

So... Which one would you choose?

TIA

The reason for the higher cost on All Glass is because it has two overflows. Advance Aqua Tanks can customize it with two. Just ask them how much more it would be and compare your price and the options you want. Both companies have quality products, though I do prefer AAT personally.

Yeah, I guess it's just in my head, but I was looking at tanks at the LFS and AGA seemed to have the most silicone on all the joints. Suppose it distracts from appearance, I'll sleep slightly better with "extra" silicone as it appears. Especially since I just upgraded the order from my LFS to a 210 (went from 125 to 180, then I figured might as well go all the way you know...)

What makes you prefer AAT?

The store I work for deal with both AGA and AAT. I've seen more problems come in with AGA than AAT at least with customed aquariums. Also, I just find it easier to deal with AAT and they're friendlier people. At least from my point of view. I do happen to know them and have been to their facility in LA many times.

Back
Top Bottom