125g reef/HOB canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishAddict413

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would love it if some reef pros would share there $0.02. I have a 125g tank with some soft corals. I have it running a marineland c-360 canister, emperor 400 and aqua c remora pro skimmer. I religiously clean my canister and have minimum nitrates and phosphates. Lights are VHO's but soon going to upgrade to 3X250MH and CF system (1072W). Would there be a major benefit to install a sump? I know I can hide my skimmer, heater, etc...but other than that? I have two hydor koralia 4's to help with flow to counteract the lack of a sump. Is that enough. I test regularly and all parameters are good but sometimes I get red algae outbreaks and cyano on the glass. What do you guys think????

well a sump never hurt anyone, its not only good for hiding but it gives you added water volume diluting the polution even more.

another benifit is if you get a large enough tank, you can turn it into a sump/refugium, a refugium is good for filtration and you can also place fish or critters that are beign harassed or harassing in your display tank

Back
Top Bottom