130 Gallon switch to sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sand is a lot cleaner, a lot more natural (especially for peacocks who naturally sift through it looking for food), and looks better. IMO it is the only option, using gravel is like using an UGF.

Done. Just removed all gravel, emptied water, rinsed my sand, and created three nice rock formations. Looks great! Filled it with tap water all I need now are some fish.I can't decide on mbunas or peacocks. Love them both. I was really surprised at the size of some peacock cichlids I saw online today they seem to be much bigger than the mbunas.Are the mbunas much smaller in general? I think I prefer a ton of smaller fish bolting around. Thanks 4 ur help everyone

They don't get any bigger, usually around 5", although I am sure a huge male may hit 6". Mbunas species average the same. A few species stay smaller, around 4", but a few species, like bumblebees, can hit 8" or more.

Thx fishguy! I've decided to go all male peacocks. You talked me into it. lol.
I love all the great colors.My buddy gave me three small (1.5 inches) Libido chromis to begin with. No telling male or female though. Just hoping they will live through this silent cycle. Water tests show 0 amm. So far so good. Two of these libidos are rather pale, top half yellow and bottom all white. Will these guys turn all yellow for me or is that it? Also, any peacocks I should stay away from, or peacock that are a must have? Any advice would be fantastic. Thx

Yeah I know. These are three youngins from a buddy just to start up my tank.Why bad Idea?

Back
Top Bottom