14 gallon nano tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ncc490

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im going to be purchasing a 14 gallon biocube because it fits perfect in my living room. I just need a lil help with the set up. I know it doesn't have a protein skimmer which is why im buying one and going to customize it a lil. I just need to know like after all the set up and placement of it all whats is like the daily routine that you have to take to care for the tank

Is it your first saltwater tank? Do you plan reef or fowler? Depending on your livestock your maintenance will be something like feeding once every 2 days, weekly water changes, and testing. I found that in the first few months of set up I was testing every couple of days (temp,salinity,nitrite,nitrate,amm and ph) once you get the hang of it, eventually you will start to see consistent results and maintenance is easier.

Thank you alot and yeah its my first.

If its your first salt water my advice is do plenty of research before you even consider putting water in. You don't need a skimmer on a 14g, it is beneficial tho. There are so many different ways to set up filtration but first you need to work out what you want to keep in it, reef, fowler etc? Welcome to the salt side ;) you will be wanting to upgrade soon enough, it's very addictive hobby!

Well i want to do a reef tank and im doing plenty of research but im starting my little nano tank then my dad is converting his fresh water into a saltwater so im going to be helping him out. So thank you. ?

Yea i it comes with its own lighting i already heard its only good for soft corrals

Yea i it comes with its own lighting i already heard its only good for soft corrals

I know it's early in the game but watch where you place your corals. They can over run a tank that size quick. By over run I mean they will grow everywhere and leave you no room for new coral. I put Zoanthids and GSP on a rock on the sand bed so when it starts to creep out on the sand I clip it and sell it for $10 :) easy way to make a hundred bucks every couple weeks :)

Back
Top Bottom