180 gallon Discus planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have one golden algae eater, used to have two. I have to be careful with them because they like to attach to my rope fish, which is not ok lol. I need some really non-aggressive ones. Ideas?

paytertot said:
I have one golden algae eater, used to have two. I have to be careful with them because they like to attach to my rope fish, which is not ok lol. I need some really non-aggressive ones. Ideas?

Yeah those guys can get aggressive
I have 4 SAE they do a really good job
I haven't tried ottos but I have seen them in Discus tanks
I really like how they look
BNP do an awesome job with algae
& try amano shrimp as well

OBEYtheFISH said:
Yeah those guys can get aggressive
I have 4 SAE they do a really good job
I haven't tried ottos but I have seen them in Discus tanks
I really like how they look
BNP do an awesome job with algae
& try amano shrimp as well

I've tried shrimp a couple times and didn't do too well, but I'll definitely look into those other guys. :) I'm not quite as worried about my discus because they're all pretty big and I've never seen my AEs messing with them.

paytertot said:
I've tried shrimp a couple times and didn't do too well, but I'll definitely look into those other guys. :) I'm not quite as worried about my discus because they're all pretty big and I've never seen my AEs messing with them.

I'll post some pics of my bnp
They are juvies but very active
I'm going to add the amanos as soon as I take the albino bichirs out
They are super tiny compared to my other bichirs & I'm afraid they'd get eaten :/
That's why they're in this tank

OBEYtheFISH said:
I'll post some pics of my bnp
They are juvies but very active
I'm going to add the amanos as soon as I take the albino bichirs out
They are super tiny compared to my other bichirs & I'm afraid they'd get eaten :/
That's why they're in this tank

Awesome can't wait to see the pics :)

any pics from a few feet out? wondering how you have it set up outside, whats the coldest weather its been outside while youve been running this tank?

ebondaruk said:
any pics from a few feet out? wondering how you have it set up outside, whats the coldest weather its been outside while youve been running this tank?

I'll post pics soon
The coldest maybe low 40's
I have 3-300 watt heaters took one out tho

The GBRs this morning :)
My bnp were hiding :(

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120112_084652.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120112_084652.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 124
  • ForumRunner_20120112_084737.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120112_084737.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 129
OBEYtheFISH said:
The GBRs this morning :)
My bnp were hiding :(

Cute!! :) ohh and do i see a dojo loach in the second photo near the bottom?? I have one of those! :D oh and what kind of sad do you have?? I really like it and once i gave money saved up i'm switching to sand and adding crushed coral to help stabilize my ph.

smileyface9 said:
Cute!! :) ohh and do i see a dojo loach in the second photo near the bottom?? I have one of those! :D oh and what kind of sad do you have?? I really like it and once i gave money saved up i'm switching to sand and adding crushed coral to help stabilize my ph.

I have 2 golden dojo
& 1 weather dojo loach
The sand is quikrete medium from home depot
& the back part is Eco complete black

OBEYtheFISH said:
I have 2 golden dojo
& 1 weather dojo loach
The sand is quikrete medium from home depot
& the back part is Eco complete black

Thanks!! :D what's the eco complete do? Help with plants?

Back
Top Bottom