2.5 gallon planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Should be fine if it's the right length. The 10w aquarium daylight "U" type CFL from walmart would be ideal.

The current lught is 15w, but 3" of it hangs off on both sides. I might stick with it for a little while.
Me and my gma decided on a betta for the tank.
Shrimp might be too complicated to keep.
Still not sure if we r doing a male, or a female betta, but thats not until next week.

I have a betta in my small tank and he's pretty awesome. My RCS are breeding well in my largar tank and I have lots of new babies so it may be worth a shot to add a couple of adult shrimp to my own betta tank later. Some will eat shrimp and others won't. It's all up to the fish. I don't think a betta in her tank is a bad idea at all. They really are cool fish. :)

The algae is slowly going away, and there are lots of new micro sword runners. Im pretty punped.
I gave her light period of 10 am to 4 pm until the algae dies down.
She is dosing excel daily.
And... I taught her how to do wc's. im going to have her remove a water bottle full once a week. This way she can do wc's when she gets the betta.

Would it be a problem when she gets the betta if she takes out a water bottle of dirty aquarium water, then a clean bottle that is prob 7 to or 8 degrees cooler than the tank?

It should be fine as long as there's a heater in the tank. It's not ideal but fish get sudden minor cool downs during heavy rain in the wild. Lots of people don't temperature match and never loose a fish. I match for water changes but my top off is room temperature RO water that's pretty cold this time of year. The heater corrects it in a few minutes. She can always run the bottle under hot water in the sink for a few minutes if it's really cold.

Thanks coraline

The pump and heater will be here in a cpl days, and they will be in the tank by friday :)
The betta will prob go in sunday once the heater gets set.

Alright

Ill take pics when i get the stuff
Im prob going to test the spobge filter out at my house, since i have to rig a sponge to fit it.

The heater arrived!

Attachments

• image-1104102407.jpg
    image-1104102407.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 69
The pump is here, and everything is ready to add to the tank.
Pics will be up friday when everythings added.
I will prob get the betta sunday. That way i can monitor the temp saturday, and get everything set.
There is a orange male betta, a red one, and a cpl goid looking females. Not sure which one to get.

The sponge filter, and heater are installed in the tank.
The tank is sitting at 78 degrees, and if its stable all night and tommarrow morning i may get the betta tommarrow.

Nice! I suggest Hikari betta bio gold pellets for food. I feed my betta about 6-8 pellets twice a day. They're really tiny. I also give him a few other foods for variety but thats up to you. The Hikari pellets are excellent.

Sounds good, if i can find them at my fs i will pick some up.
I just cleaned the tank, so its a bit cloudy, and this is what the tank looks like as of now.
Im getting the betta, so more pics will be up in a cpl hours.
The micro sword is growing fast, and the crypt in the back has really started to take off.
U can see its roots going all over from a side view of the tank.

Attachments

• image-2299166170.jpg
    image-2299166170.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 91
  • image-3814094956.jpg
    image-3814094956.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 81
  • image-2618816239.jpg
    image-2618816239.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 89
Heres a pic of the betta

Attachments

• image-1144563418.jpg
    image-1144563418.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 77
  • image-3088265191.jpg
    image-3088265191.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 83
  • image-2211384628.jpg
    image-2211384628.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 83
  • image-967889280.jpg
    image-967889280.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 89
He's a beauty and a split tail (or what every they call them). Is she happy having a fish now?

Yea, she really likea him.

Hes really active too, all he has done is explore the tank.
I bet he is happy hes not in a cup anymore

Back
Top Bottom