2.5 gallon... planting possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carriwin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Good day, all!

I'm debating on the wisdom of possibly planting a 2.5g mini tank. As of right now, it has a complete glass lid, sand substrate, a moss ball, and my new betta, Patriot, in it. Questions are these:

A: Is it possible to plant a tank like this due to it's miniscule size?

B: Would it be worth the WORK to keep it up?

Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome. :)

It should be fine. Co2 and ferts might be hard to use in a tank that small but those thing are not needed for a planted tank. The hard part would be keeping stable conditions of the tank.

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It should be fine. Co2 and ferts might be hard to use in a tank that small but those thing are not needed for a planted tank. The hard part would be keeping stable conditions of the tank.

So I have a colossally stupid question... I know fish use the oxygen, so do they give off CO2 like we do for the plants to reuse? I presume that would be how it works, but I haven't the foggiest. If that is the case, as I have my betta, would one or two plants be ideal for him so the bio-balance is appropriate?

Fish do give off co2 but I am pretty sure you don't need to have the co2 production of fish and o2 production of plants balanced in a tank.

Dirt if your doing hard to grow plants. If not gravel or sand will work .

Ya anubis doesn't any substrate

I would get some very small driftwood sticks and cover them in java moss. Some people make trees for small tanks like this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would get some very small driftwood sticks and cover them in java moss. Some people make trees for small tanks like this.

Oh cool. I'll have to research and see if I can find some.

U can plant them in substrat as long as the rhizome is not buried beneath the substrate

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

*researches anatomy of a plant and whether or not fishing line would A: work to tie the plant and B: whether it would give Patriot a complex or not*

So is there a root system below the rhizome that would hold it under the substrate then?

Here is some anubias on driftwood. You can see the roots below the rhizome. Apparently my angelfish wanted in the picture too.

Attachments

• 1465428204868.jpg
    1465428204868.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom