2.5 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

absolutangel04

Daphnia are People Too.
I got a 2.5 gallon tank from a friend. Thats not a lot of space. Any stocking ideas? Is it too small for 1 betta? I may use it for platy babies so they don't all get eaten in the community tank. Could I use it for a ghost shrimp tank?

+1 with shrimp! Maybe not ghost shrimp but Red Cherry Shrimp. Or any other shrimp! Oh and make it planted, that would make it a pretty cool tank.

You can keep it for fry but not for long. I'd have to go with fishkeeper and get some shrimp. Add in a small piece of driftwood and a few plants and you got yourself a nice little desktop tank.

Last edited:
About .5-1 inch, and I would do about 4 because they are prolific breeders that might actually over do your tank.

Either way you would end up with a lot of babies. I would do more cuz then u have a higher chance of getting males and females

That is true. Plus you could always put a few in some of your other tanks, even if they end up fish food that just means less store bought food used;)

awesome advice everybody. thanks. i am getting pretty excited. i do LOVE shrimp. they are great fun to watch. where do you order them from? i have never had aquatic organisms shipped to me before and i want to make sure i pick someplace good to order from.

awesome advice everybody. thanks. i am getting pretty excited. i do LOVE shrimp. they are great fun to watch. where do you order them from? i have never had aquatic organisms shipped to me before and i want to make sure i pick someplace good to order from.

Liveaquaria.com, aquabid, eBay, people on here, or maybe a lfs that has them. Those are some options.

Back
Top Bottom