2 gallon fish bowl stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dreamsINdigital

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got a small 2 gallon classic fish bowl laying around, and I thought it would be nice to put it to use to have something on my desk. I'm wondering what I could stock it with. Possibly snails, shrimp, or a crab perhaps? I don't really feel it would be adequate for a betta, and I've already got one that's quite happy in a 10 gallon. I'd like to keep the tank simple if possible. It's got an undergravel filter, but I don't really want to use a heater because it's so small. Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC02903.jpg
    DSC02903.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 109
What temp is the room it will be in kept at?

What temp is the room it will be in kept at?
Honestly, it tends to vary depending on the weather/season. On a hot day, it might get as hot as 90F. In the winter, maybe as low as 60F. Those are extreme cases though. I'd say it's 75F - 80F on average. I could use a heater or move the tank if it gets too extreme.

Honestly, it tends to vary depending on the weather/season. On a hot day, it might get as hot as 90F. In the winter, maybe as low as 60F. Those are extreme cases though. I'd say it's 75F - 80F on average. I could use a heater or move the tank if it gets too extreme.

In that case, I'd urge you not to try to use it for animals. It could look very interesting as just a planted bowl.

I think dwarf shrimp would do fine in it, and ramshorn and/or trumpet snails.

60 is too low and 90 is too warm IMO. They would probably be fine UNTIL one extreme happened, but I doubt they'd survive either. JMO

If there is already an air line going in there it would be easy to add a micro-heater. I use that with my office tank and it can add 5-10 degree to a small tank easily. The cheaper option is to keep it on top of a turned-on computer tower or modem--that has about the same effect.

If there is already an air line going in there it would be easy to add a micro-heater. I use that with my office tank and it can add 5-10 degree to a small tank easily. The cheaper option is to keep it on top of a turned-on computer tower or modem--that has about the same effect.

Great ideas for heating, but cooling would still be an issue. I'm not trying to be negative here. I just don't see it as a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom