2 gallons fish ideas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briemol12

Aquarium Advice Freak
My friend just gift me a Petco 360 view tank that is 10" L X 10" W X 10.5" H. I have an idea of using it for guppies only, but would like to know of any other fish, maybe some cool fish that I can keep on my tank. Thanks

Cherry red shrimp I believe are what everyone usually recommends for a beginner shrimp tank. There are also ghost shrimp which are a bit bigger but won't reproduce in fresh water.

I'd do shrimp. 2g is very small for fish and will be hard to keep clean and on top of things

I agree, make it a little shrimp habitat and do some really cool aquascaping with it. Or some Thai micro crabs could be cool.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I agree, make it a little shrimp habitat and do some really cool aquascaping with it. Or some Thai micro crabs could be cool.

Oh crabs sounds more exciting than shrimp! Tell me more about them! I feel like I've never seen them

I think it's too small for guppies. You may be able to fit two endlers in there but I don't know much about them so don't quote me on that. You could do a betta, I'm more a fan of a minimum 5 gallons for a betta but a lot of people have varying views on that and many have had beautiful and long-lived bettas in smaller than 5 gallons.

I think it's too small for guppies. You may be able to fit two endlers in there but I don't know much about them so don't quote me on that. You could do a betta, I'm more a fan of a minimum 5 gallons for a betta but a lot of people have varying views on that and many have had beautiful and long-lived bettas in smaller than 5 gallons.

I have a Betta. I've had him for 11 weeks now and he is in a regular fish bowl that holds 2 gallons and a half, and he has his own personal heater. He is a happy Betta. They not that hard to take care of. I'll look into the endless do a bit of research. Tank won't be here for another 4 days.

With only 2 gallons, your options are extremely limited. There's simply not that much room. If you were to get a 10 gallon (a plan old 10 gallon is often cheaper than a 2 gallon anyway), choices like guppies or tetras would open up to you. As is, I would only ever recommend another betta (though I prefer upwards of 2.5, 5+ being better), or shrimp. Even Endlers, as small as the males are, need more room and a more comprehensive setup than a 2 gallon can provide

this tank when i put it into google was more like 4.5 i dont know if thats right or not, if it is a betta would be great.

With only 2 gallons, your options are extremely limited. There's simply not that much room. If you were to get a 10 gallon (a plan old 10 gallon is often cheaper than a 2 gallon anyway), choices like guppies or tetras would open up to you. As is, I would only ever recommend another betta (though I prefer upwards of 2.5, 5+ being better), or shrimp. Even Endlers, as small as the males are, need more room and a more comprehensive setup than a 2 gallon can provide

Thanks for your info! I already have a Betta so I might of just do shrimp! Seems like an easy way out :)

this tank when i put it into google was more like 4.5 i dont know if thats right or not, if it is a betta would be great.

It says it's 2 gallons close to 3. But I already have a Betta and I don't want another one. I think I'll stay with the shrimp idea :)

Back
Top Bottom